Mandate : International accompaniment
The Collectif Guatemala shares in the international accompaniment of the local population caught up in an internal armed conflict, at the request of the CALDH, Centre for legal action in favour of human rights.
Volunteers from the Collectif Guatemala have been present in the country since 1993, for minimum periods of 4 months.
The main aim of the international presence is to help guarantee the security of civilians. It furnishes real moral support to people who are victims of extreme violence. The volunteers write monthly reports destined for the national and international organisations involvd in defending human rights in Guatemala. On their return, they take part in actions to inform the public and increase awareness of international solidarity, and speak of their experience.
Training in France :
- The Collectif Guatemala organizes training sessions over week ends in order to provide future volunteers with detailed information on accompaniment and to assess their ability to implement missions.
- Future volunteers can also participate in the training sessions organized by the Comité ICP.
Training in Guatemala :
- Once in Guatemala, volunteers are trained by the CALDH and the international coordination for a week. They learn specific information on the legal project.
- to be available 4 months or more
- to know how to communicate in Spanish in every day life and in tense situations
- to be in good physical condition and to know your own needs and limits
- to be able to know how to react physically and emotionally in difficult situations
- to know the current situation in Guatemala, a previous experience in Latin America is a plus
- to have good writing skills and be willing to work in a team
For more information, visit the webpage on the Collectif Guatemala website.
Comité ICP | 187 montée des Choulans | 69 005 Lyon | comiteicp_AT_free.fr